Delivery of Conflict Management Level 3
The HABC Level 3 Award in the Delivery of Conflict Management Training has been developed to meet the requirements of trainers who wish to deliver scenario-based conflict management training. Learners will already have completed a training qualification, for example Level 3 or Level 4 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector.
The qualification is suitable for delivery across a wide range of sectors and is of particular benefit to those delivering training in a customer-facing role.
The qualification also meets the requirements of the Security Industry Authority for those delivering the licence to practice qualifications which include scenario-based conflict management training.NCFE Level 3 Award is suitable for those who work, or want to work as Trainers of:
- • Security Guards and Public Area Personnel
- • Customer Service Positions
- • Door Supervisors
- • Event and Entertainment Personnel
The course is designed to give a more in depth understanding of the principles of Conflict Management and also to give you the knowledge on how to deliver the training to others. The course is ideal for anyone responsible for training staff in issues surrounding workplace violence as well as anyone responsible for Health and Safety.
Please note that those wishing to enroll on this course must hold a recognized teaching/training qualification such as the NCFE Level 3 Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector, or have enrolled on a course before attending.Unit 1 – Understanding the Principles of Conflict Management:
- • Assess and reduce the risk of violence in the work environment.
- • Identify behavior that indicates an escalation towards violence and take appropriate measures to avoid or calm and defuse the situation.
- • Identify post incident support and report the circumstances to provide information for personal and organizational learning.
- • Demonstrate their ability to apply knowledge and understanding of Conflict Management into a variety of practical settings.
- • Design relevant and effective scenarios for training in Conflict Management.
- • Deliver and debrief interactive and scenario based sessions in the context of Conflict Management training.
It is envisaged that learners will require 60 guided learning hours in order to complete both units.