This course is aimed at all staff working in the care environment who work with people with dementia. A general understanding of the issues associated with dementia will be established. Candidates will gain under-pinning knowledge of the below issues and therefore will be able to put this into practice where necessary.Outline of Programme:
- • What is meant by the term "Dementia"
- • Different Types of Dementia
- • Strategies that may assist the individual and their carer in the management of the disease
- • Supporting the Individual
- • Communication
- • Managing behavioural changes
- • Empowering the Individual
The course is delivered in 3 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.