This course is aimed at staff working within the care environment. Individuals understand the importance of the need for infection control measures.
At the end of this course candidates will be able to state the obligations and responsibilities that should be performed when dealing with infection control issues. In addition to this candidates will be able to demonstrate and explain hand washing techniques along with having an understanding of maintaining a clean environment.Outline of Programme
- • Definition of Infection Control
- • How individuals become infected through the chain of infection
- • Different types of germs and infection
- • Health Care Associated Infections
- • The importance of infection control and the management of infections
- • How to wash hands effectively and appropriately
- • Personal protective equipment
- • Prevention of infection
- • The importance of policy and legislation regarding infection control
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.