This course enables candidates to show an understanding of how to deliver quality personal care and principles of care planning. The course is relevant to people who provide personal care to individuals in all care settings. Candidates will learn about how to provide baths, showers, adequate mouth and denture care, hair care, foot and nail care according to the service user’s needs. Candidates will also gain an understanding about adhering to basic safety rules and standard precaution principles when providing care.Outline of programme
- • How to provide baths, showers according to the individuals unique needs.
- • How to provide mouth care, denture care, hair care, foot and nail care according individuals unique needs
- • How to adhere to basic safety, and standard precaution principles when providing personal care
- • Knowing the importance of recording and reporting
- • Why Policies and Procedures have to be followed
The course is delivered in 2 hours and candidates must demonstrate a willingness to learn through interaction and group activities.