Moving People Safely
This Moving and Handling training course is designed to provide students with essential knowledge and understanding of the safe process of moving people to prevent injury to any party.
It also covers the legal requirements regarding the safe moving of people. The course is delivered in 20 hours and certificated as a level 2 qualification.Unit 1: Manual Handling Safety at Work
- • Understand the reasons for safe manual handling.
- • Understand how manual handling risk assessments contribute to improving health and safety
- • Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with manual handling safety.
- • Be able to apply safe manual handling principles.
- • Understand the personal safety health and dignity issues relating to the movement of a person by others
- • Understand how a personal handling plan and risk assessment reduce the risk of injury to everyone involved in moving a person
- • Understand the principles, types of equipment and testing requirements associated with moving people safely
- • Be able to apply safe principles when moving a person