The HABC Award for Scottish Personal Licence Holders (On and Off Sales) is a qualification aimed at anyone working in or preparing to work in any industry that involves the retail sale of alcohol. It is a pre requisite for anyone who wishes to hold a personal licence.
The qualification is based on the training specification drawn up by the National Licensing Forum for those involved in the retail sale of alcohol (on and off sales) This specification enables learners to meet the requirements of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005.
Persons gaining this qualification will be aware of the requirements of the Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005 and the specific duties of a personal licence holder in relation to the law. It is a legal requirement for anyone wishing to sell or authorise the sale of alcohol by retail to be a personal licence holder, this includes persons who have been made responsible for authorising the retail sale of alcohol within licensed retail premises on a temporary basis.
- • Licensing (Scotland) Act 2005
- • Key Roles
- • Licence's and operational conditions
- • Protection of children from harm
- • Training
- • Associated law
- • Alcohol
- • Illegal Drugs
- • Community links
- • This qualification is assessed through a 40-question multiple-choice question examination. The duration of the examination is 1 hour.
- • Successful learners must achieve a score of at least 28 out of 40.